Xfdesktop menu

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Thu Jun 16 21:00:01 CEST 2005

Brian J. Tarricone schrieb:

>Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>

>>Hey all.
>>
>>I recently checked out /trunk (in fact, that's been only few minutes
>>ago), build it and installed it.
>>The only problem I'm having now is that there's no desktop menu, neither
>>on the desktop itself, nor
>>when clicking on the Xfce menu button in the panel.
>>

>Please kill xfdesktop, then run it from a terminal and see if there's
>any useful output.
>
>	-brian

I'm sorry for forgetting that. But here's the output.

--

jannis at nebelsee ~ 533 $ xfdesktop

** (xfdesktop:14927): CRITICAL **: XfceDesktopMenu init failed (The
XfceDesktopM enu module could not be loaded: libxfcegui4.so.3: cannot
open shared object file : Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)

** (xfdesktop:14927): WARNING **: xfdesktop: Unable to initialise menu
module. R ight-click menu will be unavailable.

--

libxfcegui4.so.3 doesn't exist in /usr/local/lib (where I installed the
Xfce libraries to). However, libxfcegui4.so.4 exists. Although I'm a

Regards,
Jannis