ANNOUNCE: Xffm release

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Thu Jun 9 15:02:21 CEST 2005

El jue, 09-06-2005 a las 12:11 +0200, Marcel Pol escribió:

> >The modules which are installed in $prefix/lib are necessary for xffm.
> >The one in particular you mention, libxffm_icons.so, is always loaded on
> >startup so I think that will just be statically linked in future
> >versions of xffm.
> >

> You mean that /usr/bin/xffm will have them statically linked?

Dynamically, like a normal library, but just libxffm_icons.
Libxffm_prop, libxffm_find, libxffm_applications and libxffm_combo will
still be loaded as g_modules (unless --enable-debug=yes at configure
time).

> >Current work in branch 4.3.2.4 is to sort out these libraries. Of the
> >ones mentioned above,  libxffm_basic, libxffm_calls, libxffm_cpy will
> >dissappear.
> >

> Ok, your answer makes it rather clear to me. Just one question; if the
> libraries are libraries, shouldn't xffm open them with the full name,
> like libxffm_actions.so.2 instead of libxffm_actions.so?

Actually both "libxffm_actions.so" and "libxffm_actions.so.2" are just
symlinks to the real library "libxffm_actions.so.2.0.0". There probably
is a good reason for this, but I have no idea what it is.

> Btw, did you send html mail? My mozilla-thunderbird really makes a mess
> of it. To the point that I would consider switching mail clients.

AFAIK, I never send html mail. If you received html mail, maybe
evolution-2.0.4 is buggy because the configuration is set not to.

regards,

--
Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>