Xffm 4.3.2

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Thu Jun 2 18:45:57 CEST 2005

El jue, 02-06-2005 a las 18:18 +0200, Johannes Zellner escribió:
> Hello
>
> Congratulations for the release !
> I really like the new Icon-View.
> It's now really more cooler to browse ;)
> And the functionality is very good.
> Samba and everything works well from beginning !
>
> Please hold on working on the GUI and xffm will be my favorite ! ;-)

Thanks for the encouragement. That keeps work in progress. :-)

Changes scheduled for next release target (4.3.2.something) will be
focused on internal structural changes which should reduce the iconview
memory footprint (currently lower than either rox or nautilus) and
improve speed (currently a 5000+ file load is faster than rox and on par
with nautilus).

Things you might have not noticed:

-double_click on a filename (when it is green) and you can rename
inline.
-CTRl+double_click on a filename (when it is green) and you can
duplicate inline.
-CTRl+SHIFT+double_click on a filename (when it is green) and you can
symlink inline.

That saves a lot of time.

Also, if you want verbose diagnostics, drag the lower horizontal pane up
to show the diagnostics window.

regards,

--
Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>