Xfbook, Xfdiff, Xffm etc in Gnome menu

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Jun 2 15:41:47 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 05:57:09PM +0900, Daichi Kawahata wrote:

> To make things clear, I'd like to hear your opinion when OnlyShowIn key
> should be used,
>
>     a. Categories entry has both 'X-XFCE' and 'Settings'
>     b. Categories entry has 'X-XFCE' anyway
>     c. An application depends the almost of all libxfce* libraries
>     d. An application uses even one of libxfce* libraries
>     e. Up to an author

f. none of the above ;-)

Categories and OnlyShowIn key are orthogonal. OnlyShowIn is for applications
that don't make sense or cannot be used outside the desktop environment.
Desktop-specific configuration generally falls in this category so your (a) is
probably closest. It must be decided on a case-by-case basis though.

	Jasper