tasklist / SVN

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Jul 31 19:22:11 CEST 2005

Wit Wilinski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just installed XFCE from the current SVN snapshots. From the problems I observed so far, the most visible are:
> - frame around systray panel applet (causing tray icon not to be fully shown)
> - enabling application name showing in the tasklist applets leads to strange effects with long window titles (the title isn't ellipsized, but text is drawn outside the tasklist button) -- i'm using Mist gtk theme, will check different themes in a moment.
> - changing gtk theme from the settings manager doesn't work immediately as it used to with 4.2.2
>

>From when are these snapshots? The frame 'problem' should be fixed (the
real problem is that the systray spec does not handle sizing, AFAIK).

The label problem comes from gtk 2.7. There is a bug report (+ patch!
hail to the reporter) already in bugzilla.

The gtk theme changing should just work. I suspect another gtk 2.7 change.

> Now i'll focus on updating Polish translation to work with the development version of XFCE

I really would advice against that. There are many things that still
will change.

	Jasper