xfce4-dev at xfce.org

knightw at world-net.co.nz knightw at world-net.co.nz
Mon Jul 25 08:20:23 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I am using debian testing with Xorg CVS build.
X Window System Version 6.8.99.15
Release Date: 16 July 2005 + cvs

I use `startxfce4` to startup the enviroment.

I am used to leave my laptop on overnight, and I have always found that
the CPU utilization of the X process is fairly high and spiky. (jumps around
from 30% to 90%, shown on top) It happened regardless to either using Xorg
or XFree86.

CPU util. will be back to normal once I restart the X server (not reboot),
however,
I just realize that if I kill the xfce4-panel and run it(xfce4-panel) again, the
CPU util.
will again go to the normal state. I am using SVN version 16254 of xfce4-panel.

Cheers,

Willie