xfce4-dev-tools [was: dbh/xffm conflict]

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Jan 31 13:11:39 CET 2005

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 08:37:30AM -0600, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> El sáb, 29-01-2005 a las 19:48 +0100, Benedikt Meurer escribió:
> > > The .so is being dropped from xffm libraries created with the use of the
> > > xfce4-dev-tools and libxfce4util libraries. I suppose libxfcegui4 too,
> > > but I haven't checked. I don't know if Benny intended it this way or if
> > > it a bug. Benny?
> > Thats definetly not the expected behaviour, but its pretty unrelated to
> > the xfce4-dev-tools itself, since the library extension is determined by
> > libtool at configure time and then written into the script libtool
> > (which is also autogenerated). Just run configure, and then use
> >   grep '^shrext_cmds=' libtool
> > to see what libtool detected for your system.
> > The site
> >   http://people.debian.org/~keybuk/libtool-missing_so.html
> > contains some bits and pieces of informationen concerning libtool problems.
> > My bet is that your libtool.m4 (atleast the one thats chosen by
> > aclocal), doesn't match your libtoolize. Please check that.

> Probably. I've removed autoconf-2.59-5-fedora, gettext-0.14.1-12-fedora,
> automake-1.9.2-3-fedora, libtool-1.5.6-4-fedora from my system and am
> using autoconf-2.13, gettext-0.12.1, automake-1.8.5 and libtool-1.5.2
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I seem to remember this libtool is too old.

http://www.us.xfce.org/archive/tools/ lists 1.5.6 as a minimum and
people who make packages from your work will thank you if use that as
they won't have to update libtool manually.

You could just relibtoolize your source with the newer versions and see
if that fixes it as Benny suggested.

Simon

--
... - Oh no.  It's closed.
    - We're not pre-school toys Slinky; we can read.