xffm

LiNuCe linuce at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:04:47 CET 2005

David Fraser:
> To be honest, I still haven't been able to work out how to use xffm and
> I'm a geek :-)
> I felt it was my duty to read the documentation. After having read it,
> xffm still doesn't fit with my brain... (no offense, edscott, your brain
> must be much superior :-))
> Is there any more standard file manager that people can recommend for
> use with xfce?

    In such a case, ROX is the way to go. And as it uses GTK+2, it
integrates very well with XFCE. You can even use it to have desktop
icons if you like it. And it uses the Shared MIME specifications from
Freedesktop. But unlike XFFM, it does not handle SMB and does not have a
treeview to display filesystem hierarchy, but this is something I really
can live without :)

--
LiNuCe