weird screen border problem on 4.2

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 28 23:56:56 CET 2005

Moving to xfce4-dev...

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> With version 4.2 the autohide feature of panel/taskbar is incompatible
> with the window manager feature to switch workspaces when the mouse
> hits the edge of the screen.

Why exactly can't we get around this again?  Seems to me that xfwm4's
invisible screen-border windows only need to be one pixel wide, so the
panel's autohide window, being wider than that, should be able to notice
the mouse motion.  The only thing you need to do is ignore when the
mouse leaves the autohide window, and only re-hide if the mouse leaves
the actual panel window.  Or is there some reason why a one-pixel-wide
invisible window isn't enough for xfwm4?

    -b