Bye, bye

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Jan 27 19:31:36 CET 2005

edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> El mié, 26-01-2005 a las 23:27 +0100, Benedikt Meurer escribió:
>
>>Hello devs,
>>
>>As forced by Brian and Jasper, I've reorganized the autobuild framework
>>into a single module xfce4-dev-tools, so we can safely remove
>>autogenerated files from CVS now. I did this for libxfce4util and
>>libxfcegui4 already to test if stuff works. If you want to do it for
>>your modules as well, just cvs remove -f all autogenerated files, copy
>>the autogen.sh from libxfce4util over and install xfce4-dev-tools. As
>>you might notice, I've rewrote nearly all macros (BM_DEBUG_SUPPORT is
>>the only missing currently), but for smooth upgrades, the old names are
>>still valid (BM_DEPEND, BM_DEPEND_CHECK, etc.), but I strongly suggest
>>using the new (better) names.
>>
>>I'm still experimenting with the xdt-autogen script, so prepare for
>>possible breakage. But I thought its better to have it in CVS already,
>>so people can test it and blame me for bugs. Same goes for M4 macros,
>>tho they should work fine, but no promises.
>
> Great work, Benny! Xffm seems to work fine with these changes. Only two
> points to note:
>
> 1- on doing autogen.sh for libxfcegui4, the error I got without gtk-doc
> was "You have gtk-doc installed". Obviously a missing "do not" type
> somewhere.

Fixed.

> 2- I had to change the order of the parameters in XDT_I18N(). Simply
> removing the first parameter as done in libxfcegui4 just caused further
> breakage down the line (eventhough no breakage occurs in libxfcegui4).

The second parameter to XDT_I18N() is optional. If you do not specify
the package name, XDT_I18N() will use the package name given to
autoconf. This is the first parameter to AC_INIT(). But in
xffm/configure.ac, you specify "src/main.c" as the package name to
AC_INIT(), and so XDT_I18N() will use that name as well, which will
result in breakage, as a file po/src/main.c.pot doesn't exists. You
should fix the AC_INIT() call, and specify the first 3 parameters
properly (the 4th parameter isn't required for xffm), e.g.:

AC_INIT([xffm], [4.3.0], [xfce4-dev at xfce.org])

The last parameter is the bug report address, that will occur in
./configure --help output.

> regards,
> Edscott

HTH,