Bye, bye

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Jan 27 17:14:23 CET 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 02:32:55PM +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> >On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:27:38PM +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> >
> >>Hello devs,
> >>

> >[ good stuff skipped ]
> >
> >Awesome, Benedikt! Thanks for doing this.
> >
> >While on the subject of build tools, does anyone know if we could use
> >intltool
> >to make .desktop files and xml file translations available through the
> >gettext
> >system (i.e. in po files)? I think that would make translating a lot more
> >straight-forward and make merging translation updates easier as well.
>
> Done. The .desktop files are now handled by intltool (and therefore the
> translations are located in the .po files). For the xml files, I have no
> clue how to handle them yet... we'll see.

You truly are an autotool wizzard ;-)

The xml files are separate files anyway, so they are not a big problem. The
xml parsing would probably have to be completely rewritten if we want to use
a single source file with translations. I suspect that our current setup may
in fact be a lot faster.

Thanks again,

	Jasper