xfce4: switching gtk2-engine themes crashes panel

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Jan 25 10:58:45 CET 2005

Hello Marc,

(since this looks like an upstream problem to me, I moved this
discussion to the xfce4-dev mailinglist)

> After experimenting with your packages (nice work) I found the
> following problem:
>
> In the user interface option of the settings manager, you can choose a
> particular Icon theme. When several are intalled, selecting these will
> result in crashes of xfdesktop and xfce4-panel (basicallly general
> unstable behaviour of xfce4).

So, to get you right: You switch the Gtk+ theme and both panel and
xfdesktop crash immediatly? If so, which panel plugins do you use? Does
that happen with all Gtk themes or just a few ones?

regards,
Benedikt