library versioning

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Mon Jan 24 15:16:41 CET 2005

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Jeff Franks wrote:
>
>> So Brian, getting back to your original email, has all the generated
>> talk resulted in anything being decided, yet?
>

> unsurprisingly, no ^_~.  i think the only thing that matters is - if
> we remember to bump the library major version this time, will that
> solve all the problems?  if so, then let's just do that.

I thought so. I had a thought. A way of keeping everyone happy might be
to leave the Xfce4 libs as is, and bump the major version number as you
say. Then, make longer term plans for Xfce5 to rationalize its CVS
modules, and its library's names and version numbering. This would
address both yours and  Benedikts concerns, and no one would be able to
complain because things do change between major releases, like Xfce4 ->
Xfce5.

Jeff.