new dev branch stuff

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Thu Jan 20 06:58:23 CET 2005

Myles Green wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:27:30 +0200
> David Fraser <davidf at sjsoft.com> wrote:
>
> <sniped lots of good input>
>
> >PS As far as the "lightweight" goes, I think a great thing would be to
> >have menu parsing, initial login, and opening of "Run" dialog box sped
> >up a lot :-)
>

> OK, the first two I agree with but (on my system) <alt>+F2 opens the run
> dialog before I can move my hand off the keyboard. How much quicker can
> it be?

Alt-F2 just took 5 seconds to open the dialog on my machine, with not
much else happening.
The next time I run it its pretty quick. There was something about this
on the list a while ago - apparently it has to do with parsing the
history. As a simple fix the history parsing could be done when the
drop-down arrow is pressed, but I'm sure that there is a method to speed
up the xml parsing in general...

David