Xfce (4.2-RC3) and Xnest (xorg-6.8.1): broken resizing of windows

Rob Lahaye roblahaye at home.nl
Fri Jan 7 17:03:17 CET 2005

Moritz Heiber wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 0:41:33 +0900
> Rob Lahaye <roblahaye at home.nl> wrote:
>

>>Moritz Heiber wrote:
>>
>>>Does twm make use of the XComposite extensions? ;-)
>>
>>I have no idea. I know nothing about these things.
>>

>>>XComposite is still considered to be a bughole in general (IMHO).
>>>Have you tried running your XNest session without it?
>>
>>Can you tell me now to do that? Then I test it right away.
>>The man page of Xnest has nothing about XComposite.
>

> You will have to modify your xorg.conf. Look for some lines along
> with these:
>
> Section        "Extensions"
>     Option     "Composite"     "Enable"
> EndSection
>
> ... and just comment them out .. like this:
>
> #Section        "Extensions"
> #    Option     "Composite"     "Enable"
> #EndSection
>
> ... and restart your X (I hope I'm not wrong on that Xnest is
> using the xorg.conf as well ;-).

Nope, I don't have such an entry in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. There even
is no Extensions section! However, I can run Xnest like this:

 Xnest :10 -extension Composite -query localhost

which switches Composite off, but I think it's already off.
As expected, this does not make any difference to resizing the
windows.

When I use "+extension Composite", Xnest coredumps immediately.

Rob.