Enhancements to Desktop Switcher

Daniel James daniel at calamity.org.uk
Tue Feb 22 15:38:38 CET 2005

Douglas Richard wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:04:25 +1300, Gnipper <gnipper at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I think it would simplify navigation around the different applications
>>that are running (no matter which desktop they were on) as well as
>>eliminating the need to use the taskbar. Any thoughts?

I think it's a great idea, although I'd want to see it on the pager as
well. Probably as an option.

> Doesn't xfdesktop's Window List already provide this feature?  Or do
> you specifically want a panel plugin that does this?

No, it shows you either: all the applications in the current workspace,
or all the applications in all the workspaces. Not the applications for
an arbitrary workspace.

Using the window list plugin, there are often too many application in a
single list. Also, this would attach the application list to the
graphical representation of the different workspaces, which should make
navigation a lot easier.

If no else is going to, I'll have a go at implementing this, as I'd
really like to try it out.

Daniel