Enhancements to Desktop Switcher

Gnipper gnipper at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 00:04:25 CET 2005

I have an idea for a modification to the desktop switcher. The
concept is to combine the features of the 'WindowList' plugin with the
desktop switcher. It would work like this:

When you move the mouse over one of the desktop switcher buttons, a
drop-down list appears showing all the running applications on that
desktop. Moving the mouse down the list and left-clicking on an
application brings it into focus. See
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/dborrett/xfce/sw_winlist.jpg for a
screenshot of what this would look like.

I think it would simplify navigation around the different applications
that are running (no matter which desktop they were on) as well as
eliminating the need to use the taskbar. Any thoughts?