Battery monitor on PPC [Solved]

James Tappin james at tappin.me.uk
Sun Feb 6 15:52:13 CET 2005

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:57:44 +0100
Christoph Borsbach <borsilinux at gmx.net> wrote:

> Thats right, i get the same behavior here, but i didn't notice until
> today :). I'm also not sure wether that can be extracted/computed at all
>
> (easily), maybe a ppc-specific mailing list has an answer. But on the
> other hand its maybe not so important. :)

I've checked the /proc/apm and /proc/pmu/battery_0 files. /proc/apm always
has -1 min when AC is connected, but /proc/pmu/battery_0 has a real time.
Not xfce4-battery-plugin's fault, though it doesn't look as if it would be
too hard to add native PMU support; maybe I'll find time to add it over
the next couple of weeks.

James

--
James Tappin,             O__      "I forget the punishment for using
james at tappin.me.uk       --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering