Release management (Was: Re: What are the objectives for Xfce 4.4?)

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Feb 1 20:44:06 CET 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>> * Elect a release manager for the 4.3 branch (and therefore for 4.4.0).
>>
>> * Elect a maintainer for the 4.2 branch.
>
> Well, for elections we need candidates ;-) I have a feeling the main
> reason this doesn't really work for us, is that it takes a lot of effort
> and time to manage releases and none of us really has a lot of that
> available.

If nobody else is willing to do this, I'd volunteer for the 4.3 manager.
Still we need somebody to take care of 4.2.

> I was wondering what we could do to facilitate the job of a release
> manager. Maybe you have suggestions?

First step would be to reduce the number of modules, and remove 3rd
party apps from CVS. Another important point would be to decide on when
to release 4.4.0, and what to include, ASAP.

>     Jasper

Benedikt