shortcut manager and session manager

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Dec 28 17:42:44 CET 2005

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> I wanted to develop a launcher service for Thunar anyway, which would be
> run from xfce4-session on-demand (or using D-BUS activation). If you
> really want the stuff to be run as MCS module, then you could just pass
> the command to the launcher service and it will take care of launching
> the application within the session. But this will take some time until
> its ready, so in the meantime there's no session support for apps run
> from the MCS shortcuts editor.

The "stuff" is a shortcut editor. It should be part of the MCS. I really
don't get your point of involving a launcher service or whatever to get
access to the shortcuts settings (actually I understand your approach
but I definitely fail to see how that would be an improvement).

Anyway, Jasper, you have your answer.

Cheers,
Olivier.