shortcut manager and session manager

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Dec 28 16:39:43 CET 2005

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> Is the env SESSION_MANAGER set? I guess not. That's because the MCS
> manager is not started by the session manager itself.

The problem lies in xfce4-session/main.c.

The mcs-manager is started by init_display(), prior to setting the
SESSION_MANAGER variable in sm_init() which is called a few lines later.

Therefore the mcs-manager (and therefore all aps started from it) do not
have visibility on the SESSION_MANAGER variable.

The fix should be pretty easy, at least at first sight, but I'd prefer
Benny, who knows his code better than I do, to fix it.

Cheers,
Olivier.