plugin writing problem

Adriano Winter Bess awbess at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 22:14:17 CET 2005

Hi,

I've just started to write a plugin for the Xfce panel to display
gnome applets. One of the problems I'm facing is that since the gnome
applets use the bonobo infra-structure, my plugin needs to setup the
bonobo system during initialization. This means I have to call the
'bonobo_init' function, which needs the argc and argv parameters of
the main function (please refer to the bonobo documentation at Gnome
site).

Well, the problem is that if I use the
XFCE_PANEL_PLUGIN_REGISTER_EXTERNAL macro I can't pass argc and argv
to bonobo_init. What I decided to do was not to use the macro, but
instead rewrite it in order to call the "bonobo_init" function.
Anyway, this seems sort of a bad hack.

What I'd like to know is if there's any other way I can get argc and
argv using the XfcePanelPlugin API (I couldn't find it) since
xfce_external_panel_plugin_new gets argc and argv as parameters. Any
sugestions are welcomed.

Regards,
Adriano
--