Panel Settings Dialog (again)

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Mon Dec 19 18:10:10 CET 2005

Hi,

Jasper Huijsmans schrieb:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have just committed another attempt at implementing the user interface
> for customizing the panel. Please test it and let me know what you think.
>
> I have split up the functionality again and added a few options to the
> right-click menu. I believe this makes things much easier to discover,
> maybe at the expense of making certain things take more time. However,
> customizing the panel is not something most users will do very often (at
> least, according to Erik's survey).
>
> The plugin right-click menu now becomes:
>
>   Properties
>   Move
>   ---
>   Remove
>   ---
>   Add New Item
>   Customize Panel
>
> I feel this is a reasonable compromise.
>
> TODO:
> - add item next to the plugin that was clicked on to get the menu
> - show properties dialog for newly added items
> - maybe put panel properties on 1 page again, instead of using two tabs
>
> Please tell me what you think.

I think it's great. I love it's simplicity. And, finally, the
drag-and-drop feature becomes obvious to new users, because it's
automatically activated when you select "move" - nice!

Two thoughts:

  - Yes, please put the panel size option back on the front page of
    the panel properties dialog

  - When moving a panel item to the right, between two other items, it
    is placed on the right side of the second item. I'd expect it to be
    placed between them - probably a bug?

Regards,
Jannis