glib/gtk minimum required versions

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:38:07 CET 2005

On 12/19/05, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:
> Jasper Huijsmans schreef:
> >
> > Yes. I think we should use 2.6. There are a number of API additions that
> > make it worthwhile. And we probably won't get a chance to change the
> > supported version for at least another year.
> >

> Olivier, please? ;-)

Well, I'm not Olivier, but part of the reasoning behind pushing for
2.4 was a somewhat ambitious release schedule. Since that particular
pooch seems yay verily screwed, then much of the reason to depend on
2.4 is gone.

Gtk+ 2.10 is likely to see an RC if not Stable release by the time
Xfce 4.4 is ready for public consumption, so we should be okay.

> Just to clear all possible confusion, I'm going to make the panel depend
> on gtk 2.6 unless you want us to use 2.4. Any objections?
>
>         Jasper

Erik

"If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it
would have changed the history of music... and of aviation."