Panel Settings Dialog

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Dec 16 22:20:43 CET 2005

Olivier Fourdan schreef:
> Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>>
>> The dialog should be kept for managing the panel settings, which is not
>> the same as the icons/plugins present on the panel.
>>

> Although I realize this might not apply to all kind of items (I think of
> the pager for example)... ;)

That's what makes this so hard. That's why I have the 'edit' mode, which
disables normal functionality and allows DND for everything.

Actions the user may want to perform:
  - add items
  - remove items
  - move items
  - configure items
  - add panels
  - remove panels
  - configure panels

Of course the right-click menu has to remain small, the dialog(s)
understandable and it must be easy to find out how to do something. As
you can tell from the many attempts, I don't really know how.

Matters are complicated by the fact that we have multiple panels and
that plugins will generally be out-of-process.

I'm still trying out different ideas, but I will have to make a
decission fairly soon now, I guess, to have a chance to stabilize things.

	Jasper