Panel Settings Dialog

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Fri Dec 16 21:46:48 CET 2005

Fabian Nowak schreef:
> hi!
>
> i do also like the old dialog a little more.
>
> [X] Drag and drop only (previous dialog).
> [ ] Indirect manipulation + drag and drop (new dialog).
>
> i still wonder why not put a "remove" button into the property dialog of
> each plugin. this would be the old 4.2 way and comfortable when trying
> around for the first time with plugins. and yes, i know it's duplicate
> mechanism - perhaps the remove by means of dnd could then be regarded as
> a little bonus.

People were complaining about accidentally removing items.

I'm much more worried about the difficulties finding out how to move
items, though. That's the main purpose of the new design.

None of the designs feel entirely comfortable yet, though. It's all
getting much too complicated for my taste. I'm still hoping to find
something which is both very simple and very obvious.

	Jasper