4.4 ETA?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Dec 5 19:08:27 CET 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Yeah, this is a bit of a 'problem' with Xfce. Basically, we don't know.
> There is no plan. Each developer has some ideas, usually not very
> definite, and limited time to work on things. Plans also change as we go
> along, which makes it even more difficult to make predictions.

It's not exactly how things are supposed to work though. We all agree
that we have a target line, like for 4.4 the end of the year. We do all
we can to meet this deadline.

Now it's up to every developer to decide what can be part of the release
and what cannot, based on the time he has to implement it. For example,
I won't start any big change now in xfwm4, I just focus on what's
missing for the release (like the separate shortcuts manager).

Every one should remember the work is done as time permits, means that
we have to 1) make money, 2) get a life and 3), if possible, spend some
(remaining, if any) time on xfce.

That's how I work at least.

Cheers,
Olivier.