Issue with the Sun's C Compiler `cc'

Thomas Lecomte deather.dede at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 21:31:01 CET 2005

Greetings,
I'm trying to get XFce 4.2 compiled on Sun Solaris 10, with the Sun's
C Compiler.
However, it seems that you use GCC-specific stuff in your source code.
For example, the compiler refuses to handle this correctly:
extern const char xfce_builtin_license_##name[];

It would be nice if you could use a more universal way to manage the
licensing stuff, because I'm forced to use GCC for some modules, which
is not as fast as the Sun CC. :-)

If you are ok to modify the way you handle licensing stuff, I'll be
proud to help you and to test it.
Thanks,
-Thomas