4.4 ETA?

Jani Monoses jani.monoses at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 19:25:09 CET 2005

Hello all,

for the next (first?) release of xubuntu in April, we are considering
using xfce 4.4. From what I remember reading, it was planned to be
released sometime this winter. I know that "it's ready when it's ready"
and it's a volunteer driver project but if you could roughly estimate
the release date, and whether basing a distro on it in 4 months time
sounds plausible to you I'd be thankful.

Alternately, since xfce seems modular enough we may just pick some 4.4
components. Any estimates from their respective authors whether thunar,
xfburn, orage, etc will be release quality by then? We already use
xfdesktop 4.3 from os-works since Hoary (April 2005) and will continue
to do so.

The intention is packaging current svn 4.3 and dropping it in current
development ubuntu so it gets wider use. Right now it is 4.2.3.2 (same
as debian sid)

thanks
Jani