GTK+ version

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Aug 26 18:24:57 CEST 2005

Mickaël Graf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just would like to know which GTK version we're standardizing for Xfce 4.4? 2.4 or 2.6?

Atleast Thunar will depend on Gtk+ 2.6, as everything else would be just
waste of time. For libexo (and therefore Terminal and Xfmedia), 2.4 will
do. For the core, there's no real need to depend on 2.6, but it wouldn't
hurt either. I'm pretty sure that Gtk 2.10 will be released when Xfce
4.4 hits the face of the earth.

My very personal opinion on this is, that we should never depend on the
just released Gtk version (currently Gtk 2.8), but everything else
should depend on the actual need and not by guessing what a few of our
users might have installed on their systems.

> Cheers
> Mickael

Benedikt