XfceAboutDialog SVN Patch

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Aug 26 18:18:58 CEST 2005

Jeff Franks wrote:
> Benedikt,

Jeff,

> I mentioned previously about the lack of a getter and setter for the
> XfceAboutDialog 'icon' property. There are a few reasons to provide
> these. Firstly, there are getters and setters for all the other
> properties, why not the icon. Secondly, there is a
> xfce_about_dialog_new_empty() function so it would be consistent to
> provide an icon getter and setter that can be called in when using this
> function.
>
> Lastly, and most important for me, it makes it easier for language
> bindings. I know I could use g_object_set() but that is an off function
> in C++ and one best avoided, unless there is no choice. I only need the
> setter but there should be a getter for consistency. I have attached a
> patch that adds these two functions:
>
> void xfce_about_dialog_set_icon(XfceAboutDialog* dialog, GdkPixbuf *icon);
> GdkPixbuf   *xfce_about_dialog_get_icon(XfceAboutDialog* dialog);
> The patch also updates  xfce_about_dialog_get_property() and
> xfce_about_dialog_new_with_values() to call the new
> xfce_about_dialog_set_icon().

XfceAboutDialog was never meant to provide getters and setters, nor
gobject properties for anything. It should just use the supplied
XfceAboutInfo. This was to hide the details of the implementation and
the appearance from the API, to make it easy to replace the dialog.
Unfortunately Danny added the properties and stuff, so we have to live
with it now, and so: Apply your patch.

> regards,
> Jeff.

Benedikt