Brainstorming for the manager project name!

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Wed Aug 17 07:29:07 CEST 2005

Brian J. Tarricone schrieb:
> Mickael 'Korbinus' Graf wrote:

>>>Mmh... 'Mabul' is too close to 'maboule' in French, which means mad.
>

> Heh... considering the relative language diversity around here, I'm sure
> no matter what we come up with, it'll be offensive or otherwise weird in
> some random language.  I think the people writing the software should
> just come up with a name they like, and stick with it.  I can understand
> why someone might feel uncomfortable with something like Zyklon, but
> otherwise, trying to be PC and make everyone happy is a waste of time.
>
> 	-b

Hehe, right. I also thought about suggesting another german name but
most times they sound as boring as the cheap folk music they play in
radio/TV.

Finally, I had the idea of naming it "kit", or even better: "InstallKit"
which comes pretty near to Benedikts name "InstallIt", just that it's
more focussed on assemble/construct something. What do you think?