goodies-management

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Mon Aug 15 12:56:34 CEST 2005

Johannes Zellner schrieb:
> Hello
>
> I had an idea of some kind of "goodies-manager", while reading the
> discussion with the mailwatch-plugin.
>
> I think it would be nice, to get most things out of the core, but put a
> small application instead, which provides just a list of available
> xfce-goodies and descriptions/license/version for each goodie.
> Form the list you should be able to install/uninstall goodies.
> (Downloading or fetch from other sources/make/and install probably in ~/)
>
> I think this could help users to try and check out a goodie quickly, but
> if you don't like it, it's just a click away to uninstall.
>
> Hm just an idea ;)
>
> greets
>     Johannes

Hej!

I'm just talking to Johannes on IRC. We discussed some basic stuff and
ended up thinking that we would make up a good team for working on the
"goodies manager" (we're both German and our knowledge appears to be
almost on the same level).

If anybody dislikes the project in general or doesn't want us as
developers, please raise your hand!

We are a little unsure who is responsible for setting up the project and
where to put it (goodies, official Xfce SVN repository or somewhere
else) so any hint/opinion concerning this would be of great help.

Thanks and take care,
Jannis