svn checkout/update installer script

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Sat Aug 13 11:40:55 CEST 2005

Myles Green wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-12-08 at 14:16 -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>

>>I'm somewhat curious as to why you're building XFC at all, unless
>>you're
>>planning on doing development with it.  IIRC there are no released
>>apps
>>that make use of it yet.  At any rate, XFC has its own mailing list,
>>so
>>please direct questions and problems there:
>>

>Sorry to have bothered you, won't happen again.

Myles,
I write and maintain XFC. I'm looking at the problem for you. I haven't
used the build script yet but I'll give it a try this weekend.  The
problem might be the XFC's autogen.sh file. Currently after running
autogen.sh you need to run  configure separately. The script requires
autogen.sh to call configure, which is what the other Xfce4 SVN modules
do. I never got around to doing this in XFC's autogen.sh script... yet.
I 'll fix this and let you know how I get on.

I apologize if your problem was XFC's (my) fault,
Regards,

Jeff Franks