new 'Megahertz' panel plugin

Wit Wilinski madman at linux.bydg.org
Mon Aug 1 21:33:22 CEST 2005

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:30:24 +0200
samuel verstraete <samuel.verstraete at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great... just a small remark... Opterons do have scaling
> capabilities... they work exactly the same as the other AMD64's... even
> in quad (or more) cpu configurations...
>
> Anyway with the recent move of both intel and AMD it would be a pity
> not to include multi-cpu possibilities...

Thanks for suggestions. I created a small 'roadmap' for the plugin:
0.2 working version with one processor support
0.4 support for more processors (probably displaying average frequency)
0.6 will provide governor selection
0.8 will give an additional graphical representation of the frequency (a'la gnome panel applet)
1.0 only optimizations and stability fixes

If you hace any other suggestions/ideas, feel free to inform me ;)
--
[ JID: madman at jabber.autocom.pl ] [ http://madman.2ya.com ]