Lightweight display manager

Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues lookkas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:58:45 CEST 2005

Entrance is nice, it does the job fairly well, but it seems to be a
bit buggy. Those many fire/light animations don't help either...

Anyway, none of the apps currently using EFL are meant for production
use, they are just technology showcases. Really cool ones, but just
showcases :)

In a related note, The EFL are a really impressive job. I couldn't
believe that my old laptop (p 266 MMX, 64 Mb RAM) was able to do so
many fancy effects without crawling. However, being a technology
preview, E17 is really annoying for everyday use. I mean really.

2005/4/18, Nikolas Arend <Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net>:
> Biju Chacko wrote:
>
> > Maxime GEORGE-BOURREAU wrote:

> >> I would like to write such a xfdm, but I don't know how to start :
> >>
> >> - fork xdm, fork gdm, or start from scratch ?
> >>
> >> - using only gtk librairies ?
> >>
> >> - network transparency needed ?
> >

> > I'd suggest you start by looking at what the others are doing. Why
> > don't you look at gdm, kdm, xdm and wdm. That will probably give you a
> > better idea of what niche needs to be filled.
> >

> There's also entrance, the enlightenment display manager. You might want
> to look at that one, too.
>
> Regards,    Nick.

Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
trabalho: LPDTA/FEQ/Unicamp
e-mail  : lookkas AT gmail DOT com
e-mail  : lucas AT feq DOT unicamp DOT br
jabber  : lookkas AT jabber DOT org
ICQ #   : 301 084 703
yahoo   : lmeneghelrodrigues AT yahoo DOT com DOT br
MSN    : joaozinhodomorro AT hotmail DOT com