Lightweight display manager

W. Lichtenberger w_l at gmx.net
Tue Apr 19 11:18:37 CEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:03:10 +0200, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
<lookkas at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if it's not possible to write a small and fast display
> manager for Xfce, with contemplates all the essential funcionality
> that a DM should have (login, session, shut down, etc.). I'm not sure
> if GDM does well in this respect, tough I use it on my toshiba portege
> 3010CT (pI 266 MMX, 64 Mb RAM). Maybe it can be done better.

i'm using wdm (WING Display Manager) on my pI 233 MMX 32MB, mainly because
this won't do either GNOME or KDE and WDM had none of these as dependency
in Debian Sarge (3.1beta). It's based mostly on  libx11 and libpam.

I'm really lacking only 2 things in WDM:
1) keyboard navigation
2) a more modern user interface (not necessarily)

--
regards,
-- W. Lichtenberger