How to build /trunk?

Jannis Pohlmann info at sten-net.de
Mon Apr 18 19:24:09 CEST 2005

Jannis Pohlmann schrieb:

> Hi all.
>
> I just read Olivier's excited mail to this list so I checked out
> /trunk in order to inform
> myself about the development status.
>
> Unfortunately the way to build Xfce from the source has changed since
> you moved
> to SVN (I read about several discussions concerning the build
> scripts). What will
> I have to do in order to build the modules step by step?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Jannis

After having read a little more I know now that I will have to build
xfce4-dev-tools at
first. Here we are with a new problem:

jannis at localhost ~/Devel/Xfce/trunk/xfce4-dev-tools 550 $ ./autogen.sh

automake: configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./missing'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./config.guess'
automake: configure.ac: installing `./config.sub'
configure.ac:30: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PACKAGE_TARNAME
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:30: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PACKAGE_VERSION

I'm using autoconf 2.59r-2 (Debian/Ubuntu).

Does anyone have an idea how to get this working?

Regards,
Jannis