Fitt's Law

damanseb at hotmail.com damanseb at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 00:40:14 CEST 2005

Nice article..

Like with filemanagers, I often use the "ROX like" layout but with a single
column list or detail view.
If the smallest icon size were to be 16x16 and the largest icon size 48x48
in such a view.
Why not auto scale the icons to fit the window size?
This way when there are only 4 files to view you'll get 48x48 icons and when
there's alot more to see the iconsize would be 16x16.
I can imagin this would be great for users with a tablet pc or any other
touchscreen device.
Thunar?

Regards,

Sebastiaan