panel development update

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Sat Apr 16 05:09:44 CEST 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Progress on the design for the 4.4 panel has been a bit slow, because I don't
> have much time. Apart from the plugin design I need to think hard about the
> user interfaces that are needed to properly use and configure the new
> features, especially access to configuration for multiple panels (possibly on
> multiple monitors), customizating panel contents and the interaction with MCS
> settings. Ideas and suggestions are welcome, send them to me or, even better,
> add them to the wiki.

I'd suggest that you give Enlightenment DR17 a spin. Those guys are on a
completely different trip.

Seeing a completely different approach will give you some ideas -- even
if they're just things you *don't* want to do. ;-)

I found it simultaneously cool and irritating. IAC, it's nice to someone
willing to try something totally original.

-- b