xfce4-panel-4.2.1.1-handle-option.patch

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Apr 13 19:11:59 CEST 2005

Hoi Sebastiaan,

damanseb at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> Here is my very first patch!
> So what does it do?
>
> It adds the option "Handle position" to the "Appearance" section of the
> Xfce Panel Settings dialog.
> For more info and screenshots check my website:
> http://killabee.gotdns.org/xfce/patches/

Well, really the best thing to do is to add an enhancement request to
bugzilla.xfce.org and attach the patch to the report. To prevent it from
getting lost (I did download it, but haven't looked at it yet).

I certainly support the idea, but I don't think we can add it for 4.2,
since that is supposed to be really stable (at least in the sense of
unchanging ;-). I certainly intent to add something like this for 4.4.

> I have not added translations for other languages.

That's actually one of the reasons why we don't like to add new text to
the stable branch.

> Since this is also my first posting to this list and I am quite new to
> all this.. I here by appologize for any stupidity on my behalf.. :)

No, thanks for sharing this. Even if we can't add it now, it may still
be usefull for people if they want to patch their own version, and it is
certainly a good reminder for me to not forget about it for Xfce 4.4.

> Well, that's it for today..
>
> Best regards,

Thanks,
	Jasper