Future of the Panel?

Ori Bernstein rand_chars at rogers.com
Mon Apr 4 02:11:10 CEST 2005

I was recently working on some patches for the iconbox, so that moving it would
make it more managable on multihead (make moving it behave similar to moving
the panel), but in light of the fact that the panel is likely to be recoded, I
am wondering if it's worthwhile.

Should I invest more time in fixing the iconbox, or will it be
deprecated/reimplemented as a panel plugin in the next release anyway, meaning
that fixing it is a waste of time? IMO, this is the nicest way of doing it -
add an "maximize over panel"/"maximize under panel"/"do not cover panel" set of
options, and anything vaguely panel-ish is a panel plugin.

Also, is there any way I can help out with the modifications to the panel,
making multiple simultaneous panels possible?

--
"I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't
know."