xfwm4 restore on move - patch

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 1 20:36:24 CEST 2005

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> It seem that when you vertically maximize a window, it is no longer
>>> possible to move the window. I suppose that was not the intention,
>>> was it?
>>
>> I believe that was part of the xfwm4 patch that someone wrote
>> recently (it even made XWN!).
>
> Ehm, that's why I replied to that thread...  With 'guys' I was
> referring to Olivier and Ori ;-)

Now, if I was actually paying attention, I would have gotten that ^_~

>> A feature I had requested in the past but was too lazy to implement
>> myself (and I must admit, I'm a bit intimidated by window
>> managers...).  Personally, I think it's much more sane to disallow
>> movement when maximised.  But that's just my (NS)HO.
>
> I'm fine with that, it even makes sense, but surely not when it's only
> vertically maximized?

Yeah, I misinterpreted the 'vertically' part.  It actually makes sense
to me that, if it's vertically maximised, to constrain its vertical
position but let you drag the window back and forth horizontally.  Same
idea for horizontal maximisation.  Not sure how annoying that is to
implement.

    -b