xfwm4's wrap workspaces broken?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 27 00:43:47 CEST 2004

Francois Le Clainche wrote:

>Le dimanche 26 septembre 2004 à 14:28, Olivier Fourdan a écrit:
>

>>On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 14:17, Francois Le Clainche wrote:
>>

>>>I don't explain it either. I notice it. It looks like the wm does not
>>>count 1 workspace for 1 mouse scrollwheel mouvement, when rolling it
>>>quickly. A detail which gives a "feeling" I don't like.
>>>Just add more than 5 workspaces and compare scrolling on pager with
>>>scrolling on desktop. There is an obvious difference.
>>>

>>Is it better now?
>>

>It's better indeed. Still ""slower"" than before, but very usable.

hmm, it's possible that the slowness is caused by the event forwarding.
since before, xfdesktop handled the scroll and changed workspaces, now
xfdesktop passes the event to the root window, and xfwm4 changes the
workspaces.  then again, it was always xfwm4 doing it anyway, since all
xfdesktop was doing was asking the WM to change workspaces.  so i dunno.

    -brian