xfwm4's wrap workspaces broken?

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Sun Sep 26 14:17:49 CEST 2004

Le dimanche 26 septembre 2004 à 14:02, Olivier Fourdan a écrit:

> > Nope. Until now, xfdesktop was handling that feature quite well. And
> > much more smoothly, afaics. The current "feeling" when using scrolling
> > on desktops is worse than before, and notably slower.

> Workspace switching has always been performed by the WM, all that
> xfdesktop was doing was instructing the WM to switch. I hardly see how
> this could be slower.

I don't explain it either. I notice it. It looks like the wm does not
count 1 workspace for 1 mouse scrollwheel mouvement, when rolling it
quickly. A detail which gives a "feeling" I don't like.
Just add more than 5 workspaces and compare scrolling on pager with
scrolling on desktop. There is an obvious difference.

Cheers
François
--
Francois Le Clainche - PGP key: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/files/gnupg.txt