[patch] Forward scroll and unused button events to the window manager

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Sep 24 22:26:56 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 22:06, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> i'm confused then, because this patch _will_ break the design as-written.

Yes, it's what I'm saying, I'm not too happy with the current design and
I think that patch improves things. Clearly, I took the easy patch and
implemented the functionality twice (not the same exact implementation,
sure, but still, done twice...)

> if i apply the patch, and xfwm4 is not running, the scroll events will get
> passed to the root window and nothing will happen (unless the WM that's
> running does something with it).

Yeap, I don't think we should not bother too much with people who run
other WM because people who choose to run another WM do that because
they like the functionalities of that particular WM, then won't care if
the scroll wheel is missing.

I hope I made myself clearer :)

Cheers,
Olivier.