documentation for hidden options

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 23 22:03:06 CEST 2004

Le mercredi 22 septembre 2004 à 17:05, Nils Rennebarth a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> speaking of hidden fwm4 options (i.e. only settable by the xfwm4rc file,
> not via a GUI), is there some written documentation of how they are
> called and what they mean? I could not find any in the xfce tree checked
> out from CVS.
>
> I volunteer to write some, but someone should give me advice in what
> form the documentation is wanted and hints for the toolchain involved,
> if any.
>
> BTW speaking of hidden options and documentation, 4.2 apparently uses
> other places to store its config files, namely under ~/.config/xfce4/...
> Is that documented anywhere, or must it be written as well? Same offer
> applies.

Hi Nils,

If you installed Xfce HEAD, type alt+F1 to open the documentation, go to
the window manager documentation and check the manage windows section.

ie /usr/share/xfce4/doc/C/xfwm4.html#wm-windows

Afair, it's in the xfce.org FAQ and prolly in xfce4-tips.

If you wanna help for documentation, tips, etc... you are welcome. You
can start by checking the existing.

Regards
François
--