xffm, samba, cygwin

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 22 21:42:55 CEST 2004

On 09/22/04 13:37, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> El mi?, 22-09-2004 a las 10:16, Maarten Boekhold escribi?:
> > edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> > > El mar, 21-09-2004 a las 09:51, Maarten Boekhold escribi?:

> > > OK, done. Just run configure with --disable-smbbranch.
> >
> > Hmmm, do you know of a way to always set this to --disable-smbbranch
> > when on the cygwin platform? I'm not too familiar with autoconf, just
> > got a bit the hang of automake...
> >
> > I'm looking for something similar to:
> >
> > configure.ac:
> > AM_CONDITIONAL([HAVE_CYGWIN], [test "`uname | grep \"CYGWIN\"`" != ""])
> >
> > Makefile.am:
> > if HAVE_CYGWIN
> > endif
>
> This Makefile.am modification will probably do the trick:
>
> if HAVE_CYGWIN
>   CFLAGS=CFLAGS -DUSE_SMB_BRANCH=0
> endif
>
> After changing all occurrences of
> #ifdef USE_SMB_BRANCH
> #if USE_SMB_BRANCH==1
>
> in the source code. Yes?

won't this break the linux install?  IIRC, if there's no samba,
USE_SMB_BRANCH won't be defined at all, and #if USE_SMB_BRANCH==1 will
probably generate a preprocessor error.  i'm not sure why there's a need
to special-case it at all.  won't the configure script just not detect
samba on cygwin and thus not define USE_SMB_BRANCH?

	-brian