stop cycling desktops with scrollbutton

Nils Rennebarth Nils.Rennebarth at web.de
Wed Sep 22 20:53:52 CEST 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>>Actually, since xfwm4 catches those scroll events anyway, we could perhaps
>>remove it from xfdesktop.
> not unless there's some weird X magic going on that says the root window
> catches all button events.  otherwise, xfdesktops virtual root will block
> the scroll event form ever getting to the real root window (and thus xfwm4
> won't ever see it).
Ahh, that was the explanation that I was looking for.

And no, there is no such magic going on. So we need to implement it in
xfdesktop only and remove it from xfwm4 because the window manager never
sees button events that happen over the root window only. If xdesktop is
running, that is.

Any suggestions for adding options to xdesktop during the current freeze?

Btw: (I am new to this) How are keypresses different from button presses
in this respect, because keypresses do arrive at the window manager?
--
                                      ______
                                     (Muuuhh)