xffm, libraries and 'interface'

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Wed Sep 22 17:59:13 CEST 2004

Hi Edscott,

I've started (slowly) in the actual porting of xffm to cygwin, and I
noticed that the 'libxffm_basic' etc. libraries *do* make
calls/references into the xffm binary (and potentially other binaries?)
itself.

Do you happen to have a list of those symbols that are 'exported' from
xffm to these libraries? I need to create a 'def' file that tells the
libraries at link time where those symbols are, eg.

=============
IMPORTS
tree_details = xffm.exe.tree_details
etc.
=============

or the link will fail on cygwin.

I'll keep poking myself, but it's hard without being very familiar with
the source code. The current process consists of trying to link, looking
at a few 'undefined references', trying to find where those symbols are
defined, adding to the def file, repeating the whole thing.

Additionally, all those symbols need to be defined as "G_MODULE_EXPORT"
in the place they are defined. Since the use of gmodule isn't very
spread in xffm yet, I am instead doing:

#ifdef HAVE_CYGWIN
#define DLLEXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
#else
#define DLLEXPORT
#endif

and then putting DLLEXPORT in front of the symbol definitions. Can you
recommend a 'central' place to put this #define?

Maarten